1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W 600 subs.. any thoughts

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Taz, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone seen or heard any of the new 600 series subwoofers from B&W yet?

I am looking at replacing my AE Aegis sub and as I have the 600 range of fronts/ctr/rears was thinking of taking a look at the ASW675 (£600)

Any thoughts on how it sounds? or maybe I should go to REL, or even stick with the Aegis and find another Aegis and run them together?

Taz.:cool:

2. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Taz, I have the ASW 675, had it for about a month now. What specifically do you want to know about it?

3. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,984
    Taz,

I would never point you in the wrond direction, but why not take a look at the Velodyne CHT15 power buy thread, and the threads from jase and Bob007 discussing their new buys.

And i have just got rid of two Rel storms and ordered my CHT15.

Have a look, far better than the B&W route.........and yes i have heard their new subs.

4. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not going to argue with that as I've never heard the Velodyne, I got the B&W for it's musical prowess and in that field it's exceptional. I'm talking a tightness that is indistinguishable from the main speakers even with fast dance music pounding away.

With £600 to spend on a sub surely the Servo 15 is the only sub to choose from, lacking that I'd go with THX 1138 and say go with the Velodyne CHT 15 as it has very good reviews from users.

5. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you had your B&W running with movies then? if so, what does it sound like?

Ah! cr*p! i'm so confused in what to buy!

Taz.:cool:

6. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I tried it with movies and it outperformed 2 x PS1000 subs, don't forget there is a 500 watt amp in the ASW 675. In my small room the 675 is more than adequate but I simply had to have the Servo 15, it's just something I had to own :)

If you have about £500/600 to spend on a sub and need to know what to buy then the Servo 15 is unchallenged in that price bracket. If you don't want the Servo 15 and you have a room less than say 4m x 4m the ASW 675 will take anything you throw at it plus you'll get the bonus of getting a very very musical sub. I bought the ASW 675 when the Servo 15 delays were getting silly, I set ip up with my THX system and I was very impressed with it but then word of Servo 15s coming into stock surfaced and I decided to use the ASW 675 at line level with the front speakers for musical material.

Taz - If the Servo 15 is a success with music I won't be needing the ASW 675 so if you are willing to wait another week you can have dibs on it for oooh lets say £400 ish. A bargain for a 1 month old sub methinks.