B&W 600 Series - anything better for same price?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by slateram, Mar 28, 2001.

1. slateram

slateram

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've read a number of reviews recommending the B&W 600 series for my new home cinema setup.

My question is - what is in this series. I see there are 601's 602's etc, so what does the 600 series setup include?

Secondly, the RRP is £1,200 - does anyone think I'd be better off going for a different setup for this kind of money?

2. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are three answers; audition, audition and audition! I am a big B&W fan but a lot of people do not like the cutting treble, B&Ws 600s used with a bright amplifier can be a bit wearing on the old ears. The 600 series has various mix and match options but normally a CC6 is at the centre position. I would not advise the use of 601s as fronts (although a fantastic speaker) without a subwoofer. 602s and 603s are favourites for front speaker duty, never see many 604s or 605s in the shops and I have never heard them.

But you must listen to them, you may find you prefer Mission, Tannoy etc. etc. once you have done a bit of auditioning. Speakers are more of a personal choice than anything else in the HC chain, if you are spending serious money you deserve to know exactly what you are getting.

3. johna

johna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I agree with mart.stokes - I have the cc6, 601, 603's and they sound pretty awsome with my Sony - also I can hold off buying a sub until I get a larger viewing room.

John