• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

B&W 600 Series Advice

jbarnes77

Standard Member
I have the following surround amp Denon AVR 2803, Denon 2200 dvd player and a 37in panasonic plasma and looking to purchase the following B&W speakers:

683 - Fronts
HTM61 - Centre
686 - Rears with B&W stands

Will get a sub later if needs be.

Hoping to get some your expert advice - many thanks

happhhitachi

Established Member
Cant speak for the whole of your system but I just auditioned Kef iQ5se's and the B&W 683's today, purchased the 683. Even the wife prefered the 683s and was suprised that she could hear the difference and had such a definate opinion.

Rather more then I planned to spend just hoping it goes with the rest of the set up and works in our rather small room (12'x13') but the sales guy in SuperFi said they were both easy to position and drive. Plan to get a centre next (HTM62 - will fit our rack) followed by an Amp upgrade later in the year. Big fan of second user kit hoping to get a Yammy DSP Z9 at sensable dosh, but thats for much later in the year.

See my sig for current kit list and hoping we like the 683's as much when they arrive....fingers crossed.

I

iSix

Got DM 604 S3's here (683's with bigger drivers), very satisifed with them and even the missus likes them :) Pain in the ass to move though as they weigh a ton.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom