1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W 3series - anyone else have these - those the amp matter

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by neil malde, Mar 15, 2002.

1. neil malde

neil malde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there was just wondering if anyone else had bought the new 3 series speakers from B&W. I've got myself the 603s, and 601s, and thought theye were quite good. Only was wondering what you'll thought about them as compared to other similiar priced speakers for home cinema use.
    Also was wondering which amp to run these speaker off... currently using a SonyDB1070... any better suggestions....

thanx,
    neil

2. Timmie Boy

Timmie Boy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the 603 S3's and they are superb even with my 2 year old Denon AVR2800 amp! I upgraded from the 601 S2's and this made a huge difference - definately a fuller sound!
    QED original biwire mk2 cables
    I have them bi-wired but they sound better in the mid-range with speaker bars in place.

3. neil malde

neil malde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cool, thanx. Does bi-wiring make a difference to the 603s?

4. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the LCR 600, 602.5's & 603's all connected to my Yammy A2 cant fault the sound one bit.

I have the fronts and ctr bi-wired but not the rears and to tell the truth I cant notice a difference.

Taz.:cool:

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 601s3's, the lcr60, and the 600s3's with a sony 930. I need a better amp, but i'm thinking about a straight 2 channel set-up and leaving the av world behind . So why, oh why have i just bought a centre:confused: One thing for sure though... the fronts are staying

6. neil malde

neil malde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx guys, good to know there are a few of us out there, enjoying there new speakers. I am new to the av world, and so was just wondering if these were actually good speakers... the guy at sevenoaks seemed to convinve me and my family.... I'm impressed, but unfortunately my dad seems to only be slightly impressed and so was just wanting a few views from others who owned these speakers.

thanx, neil