B&W 303s, Marantz 4200

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by TobyJ, Nov 21, 2001.

1. TobyJ

TobyJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone currently have a Dynaudio 42C centre speaker, and/or B&W 303s as their rear speakers? I am considering the following set up (heard it and liked it):

Front speakers: Dynaudio Audience 52 (basis for hi-fi system, like these a lot – mind set on them)
    Centre: Dynaudio 42C (the matching centre)
    Rears: B&W 303s
    Amp: Marantz SR4200 (I will be driving the fronts from the NAD C370, so I need the 4200 for preouts) – or should I go for the Denon 1802, which is slightly more dosh?
    DVD: Toshiba 210

I really just want the benefit of anyone’s experience with the Dynaudios and or the B&W 303s, and the Marantz (esp. versus a Denon).

Thanks

2. tigger01

tigger01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased a new system, which comprises of the following:

Marantz SR7200 A/V Receiver
    Marantz DV4100 DVD
    Dynaudio Audience 62 Fronts
    Dynaudio Audience 42 Centre
    Kef HTS2001 rears

I demoed this system with Mission and Kef fronts, but the Dynaudio speakers were by far the best, especially in stereo mode. The centre is very clear, but must admit did not notice a lot of difference between the different centres.

I also listen to the Denon 3802 and Marantz SR4200 with Kefs 35.2, the Denon sounded better in home cinema mode, but really no difference in stereo mode.