1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[B]Screen rotation on the new Sony HD5[/B]

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by whiteairzuit, May 24, 2005.

1. whiteairzuit

whiteairzuit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased a new SOny HD5 aided by their marvelous marketing campaign. One of the main features promoted their website is the device's ability 'to follow your every move'. You can also clearly see one of their promotional demonstrations that the screen does infact switch round by 90 degrees according to the position of the device. My HD5 however, seems to lack this ability, the only way I have found the device's screen to change is by turning off, holding in the new position and turning back on. I have checked that the screen orientation is set to automatic in the menu.

I have heard that it takes a long time to change but after 20 minutes standing up on a solid surface, I had seen no change.

Does anyone else have a similar problem to me or is Sony telling a few porky pies...

2. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I think it's porky pies, check out this thread.