B-r-r-r-r Cold

And there's me thinking you were in Donegal - where it's a toasty -3 :eek:.

You might be thinking of @DrPhil who's in Donegal.

Katesbridge, where the -8 is recorded, is the coldest part of Ireland. It's located in what's called a frost hollow. I'm less than 10 mile from there and it's -2 here.

From Wiki.
Katesbridge is often noted in weather reports as the coldest location on the island of Ireland as well as within the United Kingdom. This is due to its status as a 'frost hollow', a low-lying location relative to its surroundings which allows the colder air to settle.

Last edited:

Katesbridge, where the -8 is recorded, is the coldest part of Ireland. It's located in what's called a frost bowl. I'm less than 10 mile from there and it's -2 here.

Oops!, I am indeed - apologies :blush: - you're not far from my late Mum's family in Portadown/Tandragee :thumbsup: .

Katesbridge, where the -8 is recorded, is the coldest part of Ireland. It's located in what's called a frost hollow. I'm less than 10 mile from there and it's -2 here.

From Wiki.
Katesbridge is often noted in weather reports as the coldest location on the island of Ireland as well as within the United Kingdom. This is due to its status as a 'frost hollow', a low-lying location relative to its surroundings which allows the colder air to settle.
Near Newry. Nice town that :cool:

A lot of people here need to man up and embrace the joy of winter weather ;)

07f54ae24ab0f556937b01935302a006.png

Deep snow again here. Heaviest snowfall of the season so far.
It's winter so this is how it should be.
Years ago, where I live, it would have been snowed in every year. Its sporadic now.
The speed of climate change is terrifying.

Deep snow again here. Heaviest snowfall of the season so far.
It's winter so this is how it should be.
Years ago, where I live, it would have been snowed in every year. Its sporadic now.
The speed of climate change is terrifying.

Where are you based?
It's a balmy 9 degrees here in N. Ireland.

There were some absolutely enormous snowflakes a few days ago. I’m probably exaggerating, but some of them looked like they were an inch across.

There were some absolutely enormous snowflakes a few days ago. I’m probably exaggerating, but some of them looked like they were an inch across.

You should have caught one and brought it inside for a photo :)

sf52p-g.gif

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom