B-r-r-r-r Cold

Dony

Distinguished Member
And there's me thinking you were in Donegal - where it's a toasty -3 :eek:.

You might be thinking of @DrPhil who's in Donegal.

Katesbridge, where the -8 is recorded, is the coldest part of Ireland. It's located in what's called a frost hollow. I'm less than 10 mile from there and it's -2 here.

From Wiki.
Katesbridge is often noted in weather reports as the coldest location on the island of Ireland as well as within the United Kingdom. This is due to its status as a 'frost hollow', a low-lying location relative to its surroundings which allows the colder air to settle.

Last edited:

mikes48

Distinguished Member

Katesbridge, where the -8 is recorded, is the coldest part of Ireland. It's located in what's called a frost bowl. I'm less than 10 mile from there and it's -2 here.

Oops!, I am indeed - apologies :blush: - you're not far from my late Mum's family in Portadown/Tandragee :thumbsup: .

Dony

Distinguished Member
Oops!, I am indeed - apologies :blush: - you're not far from my late Mum's family in Portadown/Tandragee :thumbsup: .

Small world. I'm originally from Portadown and my dad's family from outside Tandragee!!

hyperfish

Distinguished Member

Katesbridge, where the -8 is recorded, is the coldest part of Ireland. It's located in what's called a frost hollow. I'm less than 10 mile from there and it's -2 here.

From Wiki.
Katesbridge is often noted in weather reports as the coldest location on the island of Ireland as well as within the United Kingdom. This is due to its status as a 'frost hollow', a low-lying location relative to its surroundings which allows the colder air to settle.
Near Newry. Nice town that :cool:

Tempest

Distinguished Member
A lot of people here need to man up and embrace the joy of winter weather ;)

mark6226

Deep snow again here. Heaviest snowfall of the season so far.
It's winter so this is how it should be.
Years ago, where I live, it would have been snowed in every year. Its sporadic now.
The speed of climate change is terrifying.

Dony

Distinguished Member
Deep snow again here. Heaviest snowfall of the season so far.
It's winter so this is how it should be.
Years ago, where I live, it would have been snowed in every year. Its sporadic now.
The speed of climate change is terrifying.

Where are you based?
It's a balmy 9 degrees here in N. Ireland.

fluxo

Distinguished Member
There were some absolutely enormous snowflakes a few days ago. I’m probably exaggerating, but some of them looked like they were an inch across.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
There were some absolutely enormous snowflakes a few days ago. I’m probably exaggerating, but some of them looked like they were an inch across.

You should have caught one and brought it inside for a photo :)

sf52p-g.gif

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom