• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

B&Q Sale Advert

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Has anyone seen this advert on TV lately... they are claiming that they are starting their sale early... by making prices on kitchens and bathrooms that of the January sale.

Which is great, but the VAT increase is comes into effect in Jan, so are they telling us that they are putting their prices now the same as they will be when the VAT goes up?

Seems like a good way of advertising on the surface but it's not going to be a huge saving is it?

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
A softer way to introduce the VAT rise I reckon. Sale ends, prices go up, then add a cheeky 2.5% on top, and no one notices the difference.

Iccz, just to foil their diabolic plan, can you take a picture of all the items B&Q produce, then we can check to see if thats right. :D

nheather

Distinguished Member
Unusual for me, but I'm not so cynical about this one.

The VAT rise does not come into force until 4th Jan to support the January sales.

I trust that the prices now will be better or the same as in January - they will be in trouble if it turns out that prices on 1st, 2nd and 3rd Jan are cheaper.

What they are trying to do is to encourage the January sales shoppers early for at least three reasons

(i) It will help their annual sales declaration

(ii) It will give them the jump on their competitors

(iii) Encourage you to spend now whilst you have the money - many people in the new year realise that they have spent too much over Christmas and tighten their belts.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom