• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

B&Q next day delivery ? ....... Don't bother!

the whistler

Established Member
Wanted to buy an item from B&q today. It wasn't stocked in stores, so had to order on line. The website promises orders before 7pm will be delivered next day, or alternatively can be delivered to a local store next day.

I tried to order online, but just prior to reaching the payment page, the website threw me back to the home shopping page. Tried several times but no success. I then called the customer assistance number and was advised that "this sometimes happens". However the lady offered to process my order, so she took all the details up until the point where payment was required and then advised me that she could not process payment details but someone would call me back later.

By early evening I had received no call back, and no email confirmation of the order, so I called customer assistance again. After trying for over an hour I couldn't get through to anyone and was repeatedly advised that all assistants were busy. To make matters worse, I was subjected to the most horrendous loud music which was pretty much mpossible to listen to for more than a minute.

In desperation I gave up and tried to order on line either for home delivery or store collection, but in both cases, the website diverted me to an error page!

My guess is that B&q are unable to maintain their promise of next day delivery and are trying any way they can to prevent orders being placed.

Needless to say, they have now lost my order and I will buy elsewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom