1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&O

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Brainboy, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Brainboy

Brainboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Very new to this forum so apologies if this is an old topic.

No one seems to ever discuss, review, recomend or even criticise B&O and Finlux sets?

I am struggling to choose a new widescreen set - primarily to watch football and regular TV via telewest and the B&O Biovision3 28" I saw in their store had the best picture of any set I've seen yet. The guy in the Sony centre told me B&O are a rip off because it's a Philips tube in a fancy box- is this true and does it matter?

Also considering Sony KD 32DX200 cause you can switch 100HZ off for footie (my wife likes 100HZ but I don't based upon pixelation issues) or
    Philips 32 PW 6518 cause someone on another thread raved about it and said it's very good for footie

Appreciate any words of wisdom there may be out there.

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    1) If you search carefully, there have been previous posts on both Finlux and B&0 - including one discussing whether or not they are an overpriced ripoff or value for money.

2) The use of a Philips tube doesn't mean much - 90% or more of European TVs (of 21 inch size and above) use Philips tubes as everyone else has stopped manufacturing them.
    Obviously the rest of the circuitry varies dramatically from model to model as well as between manufacturers. I would, for example, expect B & O to have good power supply and regulation circuitry so that the picture isn't modulated by sudden changes in load - and I would pay extra for this (but not everyone would).

3) 100 Hz or not - depends on individual viewers preferences ; some folk won't notice any artifacts generated anyway.

Try watching footie on various different models in a showroom and make your own comparisons.

Hope this helps.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

3. boab_is

boab_is

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    explanation:

Finlux - Not available through "regular" channels

B&O - Fur coat and nae knickers (as we scots would say)

i dont doubt that B&O are well screwed together, and have lots of nifty features, but they are so drastically overpriced for the level of technology.

£1300 for a 21" crt set that looks nice and swivels on a motorised stand. :eek:

i think not :thumbsdow