B&O Beovision3 - 32"

S

safin

Hi.
Against the flow of the move toward plasma/lcd screens I recently bought a Bang And Olufsen Beovision3 with 32" crt screen and I have to say I still have yet to see a better picture.Believe me, I spend ages looking at all the different formats/sizes etc available in the high street but somehow the B&O just had 'it' for me.
I realise that on a forum like this there is,I guess, plenty of 'Bang bashing 'about style over substance/ price etc, some of which looking their audio range I would at least partially agree with.However, this tv had a teriffic picture with amazing sound to match.3 scarts,built in STB controller to operate sky/freeview with Beo4 remote, pip and anti reflective screen.
Yes, it was alot of money but so far I am delighted.
Anyone else have one of these tv's and are you as pleased with it as I am with mine?
I know the Loewe range of tvs compare favourably to the B&O and they have many fans, this was purely down to my own taste. Others will, I am sure, totally disagree!

Thanks.
I keep reading about hdtv and other broadcasts but at the moment this does not concern me. I know I have a tv with a very crisp,clear, natural picture and good hifi quality sound.What more do you want?
I did look at the avant but it was over £2000 more than the Beovision3 and as I already had a dvd player I thought this was WAY too expensive.( and physically too big for my room.) Lovely set though.
S.

safin said:
Thanks.
I keep reading about hdtv and other broadcasts but at the moment this does not concern me. I know I have a tv with a very crisp,clear, natural picture and good hifi quality sound.What more do you want?
I did look at the avant but it was over £2000 more than the Beovision3 and as I already had a dvd player I thought this was WAY too expensive.( and physically too big for my room.) Lovely set though.
S.

cvant find any Loewe avant. You sure you dont mean aventos?I use to own a B&O set but was rather deflated when a technician told me the tube was a Philips one.

B&O AVANT, And all B&O tubes are made by phillips in a phillips factory but NONE appear in philips badged sets (loewe use philips tosh and panny tubes, Philips use panny tubes and so do tosh... Most 36" CRT (except sony) have panny tubes these days....the Tube in the 32" Avant and Beovision 3 is the most expensive CRT to manufacture that anyone uses.........

hornydragon said:
B&O AVANT, And all B&O tubes are made by phillips in a phillips factory but NONE appear in philips badged sets (loewe use philips tosh and panny tubes, Philips use panny tubes and so do tosh... Most 36" CRT (except sony) have panny tubes these days....the Tube in the 32" Avant and Beovision 3 is the most expensive CRT to manufacture that anyone uses.........

beg your pardon!
so you are saying that the philips tubes made for B&o are for their use only and that Philips sets vonly have panny tubes? All a bit confusing.Question is if the B&O sets have the most expensive tubes will they last the longest?

the current arrangement is that Philps manufacture the tubes to B&O specs for their exclusive use, hasnt always been like this, and the badge on the front of any TV doesnt mean that company made the tubes 36" CRT are hard to build and with the decline in CRT sales at this large size means fewer manufactirers actually make them anymore, same goes for every component the badge on the front is just that a badge.............................Philips 36" sets use Panny, Thomson or Tosh tubes as philips dont make 36" anymore, Tosh also use panny tubes in some models inc 36" the component manufacture and badge on an item often bear no relation ship, open anything up and you will see technology from all over the place inside......Plasma is the same philips dont make PDP's so every philips branded plasma has someone elses PDP glass and technology in it (same for SONY, Toshiba, Daewoo etc etc etc)

la gran siete said:
beg your pardon!
so you are saying that the philips tubes made for B&o are for their use only and that Philips sets vonly have panny tubes? All a bit confusing.Question is if the B&O sets have the most expensive tubes will they last the longest?

I hope so!!
I too have read that basically there are only 3 or 4 main tube manufactures worldwide,all supplying to different brands,and I have no doubts/reservations/hang ups about B&O using Philips at all.Cant imagine they would ever have the capacity to produce their own tubes as relatively speaking they are a very small concern compared to the mainstream 'big hitters.'
I dont know what their overall market share of the A/V market is but I would imagine it to be less than 1%?
Thanks you all for your input on this topic, I have enjoyed having this conversation with you and lets keep it going .
S.

PS Sorry I wasnt clear earlier, I know Loewe do not make an Avant model, it was the B&O model I was referring to.( with the built in dvd.)

safin said:
I hope so!!
I too have read that basically there are only 3 or 4 main tube manufactures worldwide,all supplying to different brands,and I have no doubts/reservations/hang ups about B&O using Philips at all.Cant imagine they would ever have the capacity to produce their own tubes as relatively speaking they are a very small concern compared to the mainstream 'big hitters.'
I dont know what their overall market share of the A/V market is but I would imagine it to be less than 1%?
Thanks you all for your input on this topic, I have enjoyed having this conversation with you and lets keep it going .
S.

PS Sorry I wasnt clear earlier, I know Loewe do not make an Avant model, it was the B&O model I was referring to.( with the built in dvd.)

I just find it odd that Philips should use Panny ones when they make their own.Why not use the one supplied for B&O ?

Come back another time this is a good forum :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom