'B' Movie top 100! Yeah!

That's an awful film.

On virtually every measurable level it's terrible.

.....and yet I love it, it's fantastic.

Sorry mate, that C movie territory compared to Weird Science......

il_570xN.1842333922_sao3.jpg

I've got it I've got it I've got it!

The best B movie of all time! A movie one man and one man only (plus the fans) campaigned for years to be made. He battered the studio that much and after leaked test footage found its way onto the internet to ballistic praise, the studio (20th Century Fox) finally relented and said yes.

They granted a limited budget estimated to be $58m and said he had a green light for a go. He asked "What can I do with it?". They replied "Whatever you want, we're not really interested." So he did...

And promptly turned it into the most foul mouthed hilarious crass humor X-MEN film ever. Its also the highest grossing X-MEN film ever, with a rake in of $782. And its also the highest money making/ranking X (R) rated film as well...

DEADPOOL. Hey, whats not to like?
What's not to like? How about the film? I don't like it and its forced teenage humour which just makes me cringe...

Flash Gordon is a definite B movie and probably as good as it gets...was also how I got my Blue Peter badge :D

[DEADPOOL] What's not to like? How about the film? I don't like it and its forced teenage humour which just makes me cringe...

Really? Oh, I thought it was Shakesperian in its sweary landscape. :rotfl:

I struggle about what people would strictly call "B" movies, but anyway the original versions (if applicable) of:

The Warriors
The Lady in Red (The Gangster one)
Millennium (the less-well-known one with the Planes, and Cigarettes)
Waxwork
The Abominable Dr Phibes
Night of the Comet ("Dad would have gotten us Uzis...")
Gone in 60 seconds (the one with no-one you've heard of in)
Return of the Living Dead III
The Sand (not sure why this makes it, but it's a cool way to keep the budget down)
Piranha
Assault on Precinct 13
The Taking of Pelham 123
Re-Animator
...and about a zillion Hammer Horrors...

BTW From Wikipedia:
" A B movie or B film is a low-budget commercial motion picture that is not an arthouse film. In its original usage, during the Golden Age of Hollywood, the term more precisely identified films intended for distribution as the less-publicized bottom half of a double feature (akin to B-sides for recorded music). "

A search for B Movie Actresses might lead elsewhere though...
E.g. see
Invasion of the B-Girls Paperback – 1 Sept. 1992
by Jewel Shepard (Author)

Last edited:
The Haunting 1963 dir Robert Wise. (B&W)

By far the best version of 'Hill House', the original novel described by Stephen King as one of the best horror novels ever. The recent version was a damp squib by comparison.

I'm just saying that I agree with pretty much all of these so they are all the best B movie ever :D
Let's just say that they stand head and shoulders above the usual mundane B movie.

Love all the films here, especially Fifth Element. Here's another:

Anaconda

Heeeers The Warriors...... come out to play-aayy.....

I draw from my childhood

The Blob
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Scanners
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Them
The Invisible Boy
The Man in the White Suite
When Worlds Collide
The Monolith Monsters
First Men in the Moon
The Time Travellers (1964)
Colossus: The Forbin Project
The Thing [from Another World](1951)
Killers from Space
The 27th Day

Ha ha ha! Fright Night! The first one. Highly recommended.

You need to turn the volume up.

Not sure if Society (1989) should be mentioned or just locked away and not talked about....

What a dodgy film Society was :laugh:

If you just told someone the title and not what it was about, they'd never guess in a million years!!

What a dodgy film Society was :laugh:

If you just told someone the title and not what it was about, they'd never guess in a million years!!

Probably not the best film for a 14 year old to watch but I’m sure they watch a lot worse nowadays. Back then though you had to get your Mum to rent them for you!

Probably not the best film for a 14 year old to watch but I’m sure they watch a lot worse nowadays. Back then though you had to get your Mum to rent them for you!

I think I was about 11/12 when I first saw it.

I didn't enjoy my tea for a few weeks!

Edit: It was like a badge of honour thing back then in school. How many 18 films could you watch that you shouldn't be. Last House on the Left, Cannibal Holocaust, etc etc.

I normally won as my old man never gave two shits and let me watch anything. Then my mum would go nuts when she'd found out.

You haven't lived in life if you haven't messed with the tracking on a VCR for half an hour before you actually watch a VHS :laugh:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom