'B' Movie top 100! Yeah!

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to start with the Kyle Maclachlan starring 1987 film 'The Hidden'. A top notch sci fi horror B movie which used 4 Ferrari's whilst filming, but I'd best not go into that.

Then theres 'THEM', which is now referred to as 'THEY LIVE!'. Written and directed by John Carpenter, so hey, you know its gonna be good!

And finally for this opening post, Luc Besson's film 'The Fifth Element' starring Bruce Willis, Milla Jovovich, Gary Oldman and Ian Holm. Its one of the best original sci fi films I've ever seen in my life. Its a 10 all day long. Well worth it.

Just off the top of my head I'd add Deepstar Six. I love this one with a vengeance. The late great Miguel Ferrer is 100% brilliant in it. Can we have a 4k please?

Bri
brand-dark.svg
About our ads

Never heard of Deepstar Six. I'll have to look into it.

Never heard of Deepstar Six. I'll have to look into it.

Not seen it since it came out on VHS but remember it being good. Leviathan I think was a little better at the time.

I'd 2nd They Live but also have a weird soft spot for Dead Bang starring Don Johnson

1595498818949.png

Then theres 'THEM', which is now referred to as 'THEY LIVE!'. Written and directed by John Carpenter, so hey, you know its gonna be good!
I dont know when it was called Them but pretty sure I remember seeing it in a VHS Blockbuster type shop and it was in the window and called They Live.

There a old B film called Them but about giant ants.

"Them" was definitely ants, I have it upstairs.

B movies in name but not quality, IMO;
Cast A Deadly Spell
Miracle Mile
Highway To Hell

Not seen it since it came out on VHS but remember it being good. Leviathan I think was a little better at the time.

I'd 2nd They Live but also have a weird soft spot for Dead Bang starring Don Johnson

View attachment 1338987
I remember that one I so on BSB Deepstar Six been on the Horror Channel a few time but Laviaton eluded me and never seen it there was an other out round that time that everyone seems to have forgot or wants to forget The Rift (1990) - IMDb

I like the comment in the video of some hideous creature with tentacles it almost looks human.:rotfl:

Mind you I can see what his what his standards are when he fitted Victor up with his sister who he said was gorgeous. :eek:

BTW if classed as a B film Deep Rising.

"Them" was definitely ants, I have it upstairs.
I have the DVD as well and was classed as one of the better creature feature films of its time.

Cobra, Commando?!?

I thought we are talking about B movies???

They are solid high grade, prime rib, top notch Action, with a capital A, films that have superb cinematography, acting and direction.

They had to be excluded from the Oscars back in the 80s as it wouldnt be fair on the other films in the running.

😁😁😁

I was wrong.

It's Escape from LA.

Now it's officially the end.

I see your Cobra and raise you...

Commando. Close the thread!

It’s currently a bit of an in-joke from the Watching movies (the one that isn’t in HD) thread. :D I totally agree with Commando as well.

The Last Boy Scout - although I would not class that as a B movie either.

On the subject of Deep Rising - how about Peter Hyams’ The Relic in terms of creature features? Virus with Jamie Lee Curtis; I remember liking that one too despite it’s flaws.

Event Horizon?

No. It's Roadhouse and that's final.

Roadhouse - definitely top 3.

You’d also have to have some Wesley Snipes Passenger 57 at some point on the scale.

Beyond Skyline :clap:

Which no one has seen because they watched Skyline :D

I’ve seen it. :D Iwo Uwais and Frank Grillo in the same movie = B movie heaven. :D

Lance Henriksen's Pumpkinhead and Delta Heat

I'm just saying that I agree with pretty much all of these so they are all the best B movie ever :D

I suspect this thread could run for 100 pages and we'd get no closer to deciding what the best one is.

Therefore it's definitely Critters.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom