1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[B]Mini DV high speed dubbing to DVD[/B]

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by richard bilt, Jan 6, 2004.

1. richard bilt

richard bilt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, I'm pretty new to DV so i thought some of you old hands might be able to help me with a question. It occurred to me that it's a fairly lengthy process transferring your mini DV tape to dvd at real time. Is there any piece of kit that allows you to capture at faster than real time - similar to high speed dubbing that you used to get on tape to tape in the old days. Any help on speeding up the process and pointing me in the right direction of suitable kit would be appreciated.

many thanks

Rich

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are a couple of very very expensive items that the proffessionals use, but I believe even the best of those only reads the tape at 4 times normal speed, sorry but for most of us mere mortals it all has to happen in real time.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Yes, realtime is the only way to do it.
    A PC during capture of video is working fairly close to flat out. It takes a lot of processing power & the disks are working very close to their limit. This is why you often get dropped frames etc if there are background progs such as anti-virus running. Also your camcorder can only play the DV tape in real time (with sound and no noise bars etc).

Mark.