Answered B.K. Customer Service

Audi0Newbie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys yes it’s another subwoofer forum about B.K. :mad:

This is probably about the 4th time I have tried to buy a B.K. monolith
And every time I am finished and press check out it gives me an error and I have tried it on a few phones and tablets and it still doesn’t work

Edit*
Problem was resolved and I’ve got it ordered I’m excited to get it through the mail soon:D

Last edited:
All I can say is I have had two subs from them over the years and I have not had one jot of an problem. Found them very helpful, when you have rung did you ask for Tom?

All I can say is I have had two subs from them over the years and I have not had one jot of an problem. Found them very helpful, when you have rung did you ask for Tom?
I guess it is Tom because a woman answers and says she will go and get him

Ye that’s about right. Just order it over the phone easier than pratting about on tinternet. Honestly they are very easy to deal with.

I have tried it on a few phones and tablets
I've only ever ordered from them using a laptop, but not sure if that would make any difference.

When you call and speak to 'Olive', why not just place the order with her? I'm pretty sure I did that for something I ordered from them (spares rather than a whole sub).

There are plenty of alternatives though if you don't feel you're getting the right response. Chances are though that most will be more expensive than the BK options, which is partly why they get support on these forums, plus they are made in the UK.

I had a Monolith for a number of years and blew the driver up twice due to my own fault, but they still helped me out and the first replacement driver was provided FOC. Can't say I fault their service based on that, though I've since outgrown the Monolith and gone for a more extreme 4 sub set up these days.

I've only ever ordered from them using a laptop, but not sure if that would make any difference.

When you call and speak to 'Olive', why not just place the order with her? I'm pretty sure I did that for something I ordered from them (spares rather than a whole sub).

There are plenty of alternatives though if you don't feel you're getting the right response. Chances are though that most will be more expensive than the BK options, which is partly why they get support on these forums, plus they are made in the UK.

I had a Monolith for a number of years and blew the driver up twice due to my own fault, but they still helped me out and the first replacement driver was provided FOC. Can't say I fault their service based on that, though I've since outgrown the Monolith and gone for a more extreme 4 sub set up these days.
Aha I’m going to phone them first thing tomorrow and if my order isn’t placed for tomorrow I’m taking my money elsewhere I’m losing the plot with them so if I don’t get the monolith I think I might go for the svs pb1000

First World problems eh :confused:

That's quite stark. Whenever I have called them, the customer service is old school (ultimately in a good way). I've never had a spot of bother with them.

I don't think they have really caught up with the computer age.

This post has just reminded me that I have some support questions that I emailed months ago that have never been answered.

Most people here say they are great but advise to phone.

Cheers,

Nigel

I don't think they have really caught up with the computer age.

This post has just reminded me that I have some support questions that I emailed months ago that have never been answered.

Most people here say they are great but advise to phone.

Cheers,

Nigel
Yeah I’m planning just to phone him today and order over the phone I’m thinking it might be my postcode it didn’t like because a lot of websites don’t like it cause sometimes it’s got the o as a 0

I ordered a sub with them online 12 years ago with and had no issues... surprised you're having problems given I don't think the site has changed a jot in that time.

I also ordered online again 3 years ago in a custom finish following back-and-forth over email and receiving some samples, and then again a few months ago over the phone following discussion regarding an auto-on mod (which was added), and then got in touch again regarding a hum that was also resolved quickly and easily... never found Tom anything but very helpful and responsive.

I guess it's not helpful with everyone posting "whaa? They've always been great for me!" when you're having problems. Buuut... they've always been great for me :D

Yeah I’m planning just to phone him today and order over the phone I’m thinking it might be my postcode it didn’t like because a lot of websites don’t like it cause sometimes it’s got the o as a 0
Have you got sorted with the sub you require?

I bought mine from eBay - I believe they're associated with BK in someway. You may get it at a better price.
colosussxb | eBay

Associated as in that is BK :laugh:

I didn't get any response from them by email on the two occasions I tried, first one because according to the LED it wasn't auto turning off and then the second pointing out the info in their manual was completely wrong and my sub was in fact working fine. Didn't respond even when I was doing them a favour!

Great subs though :smashin:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Associated as in that is BK :laugh:

I didn't get any response from them by email on the two occasions I tried, first one because according to the LED it wasn't auto turning off and then the second pointing out the info in their manual was completely wrong and my sub was in fact working fine. Didn't respond even when I was doing them a favour!

Great subs though :smashin:
:laugh:
Without wanting to derail the thread, I was going to ask BK about this as my Monolith+ is doing the same thing with the LED, i.e. not indicating it's auto powering off. Is that an (albeit small) issue or expected behaviour?

Thanks for all your comments guys I have got it ordered very excited :) we resolved the problem and I found. Out that if u leave a comment in there comment box when ordering online sometimes it can cause that error I was getting

Thanks for all your comments guys I have got it ordered very excited :) we resolved the problem and I found. Out that if u leave a comment in there comment box when ordering online sometimes it can cause that error I was getting
Glad you are sorted.i think you will be impressed.

:laugh:
Without wanting to derail the thread, I was going to ask BK about this as my Monolith+ is doing the same thing with the LED, i.e. not indicating it's auto powering off. Is that an (albeit small) issue or expected behaviour?

The instructions for mine said when the power is on the led is red and when off the led is off, this is complete rubbish. What actually happens is when the sub is off the led is red and when on the led is in green.

I was checking down the back of the sub to see when the red light went off which it never did so naturally assumed the auto power was not working. Only noticed it changed to the unmentioned green by chance.

I bought mine from eBay - I believe they're associated with BK in someway. You may get it at a better price.
colosussxb | eBay

Me too, got a monolith + a few months back from this seller.

As a second due to the finish of the cabinet. I've gone over it with a fine tooth comb and can't see anything wrong with it.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Well unless it is an extra option or a feature added since 2016 when I bought My 2nd Monolith, they do not have an auto on/off option and I cannot find any reference to it on BK's website.

When the sub is off there is no illumination.
When it is switched on the LED glows red for a few seconds waiting for the current to stabilise, then turns green and remains green until it is turned off.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom