Azurewave TE700

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by 1ncredible, Jan 21, 2008.

1. 1ncredible

1ncredible

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.
    Ive just built a vista MCE pc to use with our tv. I brought a Azurewave TE-700 DVB-t tuner (brand new) and installed it etc. Working fine for a day or 2.
    Was watching tv yesterday and just changing channel as you do, I heard what appeared to be a 'short sharp' sound come from the speakers and the channel froze.I had to hold the power button in to reboot. Since then I haven't been able to get any channels.
    I ve reinstalled the card, used a restore point (didn't want to tho as I don't really think that is much use). The card is physically ok and vista detects it fine, along with MC.
    I use the Hannington signal, but when it scans for services I get nothing. All updates are installed and Im usin a genuine version of vista. Like I said it was working fine until yesterday.

Ive tried everything I can think of, but don't know too much about Vista as Ive only just started using it. I only use it for TV.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks, Phil

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    What drivers did you install?

With Vista I never install the drivers that come with add-ons but first run Windows update and most often Vista will give me the most compatible drivers.

3. 1ncredible

1ncredible

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I origionally used the orig drivers. It says it's vista compatable. Ive just downloaded and installed drivers off Arurewave website. There was a size difference.
    Still no luck though. It takes forever to scan up to 100% after which it says i have no ariel connected. before It would pick up the first 10 channels quickly and continue scanning the rest with a total of 69 channels

4. 1ncredible

1ncredible

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right people, Ive just reinstalled the whole of vista and performed the upgrade. and it still does not work. My guess is the card has 'cooked' itself - but can this be possible? Especially when it's brand new and worth nearly £50?