Azureus Media Server

peterweg

Banned
Does anyone know why Azureus (bit torrent client) appears as a media server ?

THE GFP

Banned
sue this service on my pc

im not even sure what a media server is

kraized

Azureus also acts as an DLNA/UPNP media server. You can configure it under the Plugins menu.

peterweg

Banned
Thanks for that (there doesn't seem to be much info online about this).
http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/UG_Plugins#UPnP

But when I go to plug-ins all I can see is a UPnP and media server log view. No configuration option at all.

I tried to uninstall it, but its still there (but with an older version number).

Hmm..

UPnP Media Server

As of 3.0.1.4, Azureus comes included with the UPnP Media Server plugin. By default no files will be made available via its service. However, "Azureus" may start showing up on your devices that access UPnP Media Servers.

Downloaded files can be streamed to players (both local and remote) by using the "Media Server" context menu options available in the MyTorrents view and specific download's Files view.
If publishing of content is enabled this allows UPnP Media Server players to browse and stream downloads managed by Azureus.

ghost5

i have tried both disableing and uninstalling the plugin

when disabled it still shows up on the ps3 and when uninstalled it automatically redownloads and installs it.

Ive just got use to it being there

RB211

Does anybody have anymore info on this?

I noticed it the other day whilst Azureus was running on the PC and PS3 was on. When you press triangle all you get is an "information" symbol which tells you what ip address its running from.

Would be handy to use as you could download stuff straight to the PS3!

spencer_uk

Hi, I'd be interested in the answer on this. When I have the PC and Azureus on I even get a little icon on the PS3 telling me there is a media server but never got it working...

RB211

Hi, I'd be interested in the answer on this. When I have the PC and Azureus on I even get a little icon on the PS3 telling me there is a media server but never got it working...

Ditto but it would be nice to know if you could get the two machines to share files!

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom