Azur 651a + bluetooth

Regman

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All

First query on this forum.

For about five years I've been using the above Cambridge amp, and given its modest price it's given excellent results - no real reason to change it unless I have to.

This might sound a daft question, but I CANNOT work out if there's any way of using a Bluetooth transmitter with it? (Diagram attached) I've long been using bluetooth with phones and wireless buds, and it seems a shame not to capitalise on the better sound the amp can offer. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Azur 651A.png
    Azur 651A.png
    491.9 KB · Views: 45
Add a BT receiver and connect it’s outpost to one of the Line-Inputs

Thanks. As I say, I was looking to attach a transmitter rather than a receiver, and it turns out one can simply be run off the headphone jack! (Tried it earlier and it didn't work, for some reason - now it does.)

A neater solution would be to use either the pre-out or one of the rec outs. The pre-out with be variable, controlled by the amps volume control & rec outs will be fixed level. Just choose whichever suits your needs best as either will likely give better results than the headphone output.

My bad - I misread your post. Sorry.

A neater solution would be to use either the pre-out or one of the rec outs. The pre-out with be variable, controlled by the amps volume control & rec outs will be fixed level. Just choose whichever suits your needs best as either will likely give better results than the headphone output.
Yep, tried that, but trouble is I can't seem to find a way to by-pass the wired speakers - short of detaching them physically! So I guess headphone jack it is!
Reg

Yep, tried that, but trouble is I can't seem to find a way to by-pass the wired speakers - short of detaching them physically! So I guess headphone jack it is!
Reg
Use rec out & turn the amp volume down. If you want the amp to still control volume then use pre-out & switch the speaker selector to the unused terminals.

Last edited:
In fact the manual suggests that there is a "both speakers off" option when toggling, so still an option even if you do have two pairs.

This might be a stupid question but could you connect the Bluetooth transmitter to the source and by pass the amp?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom