Azur 540r

techno inept

Standard Member
Good day to all.
Ok, from my moniker it's clear what my technological capabilities are. I'm a good listener...that's about the extent of my expertise.

So, I've got Cambridge Audio Azur 540r. I believe it's version 2 as there is no HDMI input.

Also a Cambridge Audio DVD player.

A sky box

An Xbox

PRobably other stuff in time when my ex-wife has finished me off financially and I've rebuilt my fragile finances.

And a set of speakers including a subwoofter or whatever it's called

The telly is one of these big Panasonic Viera monsters....fifty inch thing. Probably be investing a new one any day when the bracket it's connected to my wall on gives way, probably crushing the dog, but hopefully (for the dogs sake) landing on my girlfriend.

Anyway....

I note the Azur is no an 'amplifier' it is a 'receiver'...and I note that it has both inputs and outputs....this revelation has really mindf***** me as it no longer seems a simple case of plugging the sound from the DVD/Sky/TV into the 'amp'.

So...how do I connect everything up...

My limited technical intelligence is telling me to connect the DVD, Sky, etc. to the TV using the scart socket. Then connect the same DVD, Sky to the Azur inputs for the purpose of sorting out the surround sound.

What I guess I'll then get is sound and vision through the TV when the Azur is not switched on and surround sound from the Azur when I choose to turn the Azur on.

Is it as simple as that ??

Do I REALLY need to connect the Video side of the DVD and other components THROUGH the Azur as well as the Audio...is that compulsory ??

If anyone can help me out on this....hellfire I'd be eternally grateful

Thank you all

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Is it as simple as that ?? Yes

Do I REALLY need to connect the Video side of the DVD and other components THROUGH the Azur as well as the Audio...is that compulsory ?? No

See bold. An AV Receiver is an AV Amplifier with a radio tuner, simple as that.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom