Azur 540r V2 noobie questions

shardsta

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Lo all

recently got me one of these amps and while impressed by the sound so far I have found the instructions a bit on the vauge side.
I am finding it difficult to use dolby 5.1 or dts button no matter how many times pressed on unit or through remote nowt happens.....dolby II works pressing that gives me all options as does dsp mode, but 5.1 when pressed does nowt???
Have a 5.1 disc and using an optical lead from dvd to amp tells me it has unlocked the signal but nowt else...

sorry if this is a bit vague hope some1 can point me the right way :)

cheers

Shard:)

make sure the disk is decoded with a dts or DD5.1 soundtrack.

Make sure that your DVD player is outputting the correct soundtrack through the optical.

The 540 shoud pick the correct option as to its input automatically.

are you saying there is no need to select dd 5.1 it does it automatically? If thats the case and I change to dd 11 how do i get back to dd 5.1??

Im stumped and a bit dim :)

Thanks for the reply btw

Shard

shardsta said:
are you saying there is no need to select dd 5.1 it does it automatically? If thats the case and I change to dd 11 how do i get back to dd 5.1??

Im stumped and a bit dim :)

Thanks for the reply btw

Shard

If there is a dts or 5.1 inputting into the 540 it will use this unless you over ride by using the prologic II. To get it back to 5.1 press the dts button once or twice to get it back onto dts/5.1. I listen to radio through my Sky box and choose stereo to get a better sound. To get it back to 5.1 or II you need to press the correct button. Note that this is only for each individual input. The 540 remembers the last setting for each input.

What are you inputting into it by the way?

I have dvd optical input, xbox 360 and cable input via phono.

That is the way I envisaged it working but for some reason it does nothing I get unlock on the amp for a second when I select dvd can change to dd ll or dsp mode or stereo fine but it does nothing when I hit the dd/dts button.
This is the second one ive had because I thought the first was a fault, it must be somwthing im ot doing

cheers

Shard

You will only get the dts/5.1 from the optical input

It wont convert a stereo phono to a dts. It will only convert the stereo to a PLII.

Make sure that your dvd is outputting 5.1 to the amp via the optical and that you are selecting the dts/5.1 audio on the dvd disk from the dvds menu.

ok :)
Im pretty sure I have tried all this but will give it a go later just to make sure. Thanks for your advice I'll let you know :)

Shard

Hi
Placed a 5.1 disc in tray chicken little selected eng 5.1 through dvd and started it up. Amp is saying dd pl ll so i attempt to switch to dd ex or dts nowt happens! it will switch to stereo and back to dd pl ll but not DD EX or DTS!!

Frustrated me??nevar!!

Shard

LOL!!!!

Suggest that on your DVD player setup you make sure that the sound settings the digital outs are set to dts/5.1 first then pcm.

It will be in the set up menu of your dvd player.

Finally, if your DVD has multi channel outs you can connect these (you will need 3 phono leads) to your 540 and select direct in.

What is your dvd player model?

Just got home and had a play around with my 540.

Even with a stereo input on the optical it will toggle over to dts neo pressing the
remote dts button.

I can't think of anything else that could be a problem except for your 540 being faulty? Anyone else any ideas??

Hey

Trailer chap appreciate your input m8y, does seem odd hopefully we can resolve it as generally im happy with it :)

Shard

With CA540R you can use build in tuner and analog/digital 2ch(stereo) inputs for stereo and surround listening but not for DD and DTS.
You can use "DSP Mode" button for switching between CA's custom DSP surround modes and "PLII/Neo 6" for various Dolby PLII and DTS Neo6 surround modes.
Stereo button is for 2ch listening and for multichannel to 2 channel (stereo) conversion.

"DD EX/DTS ES" button is for DD and DTS coded sound tracks. It is active only with DD and DTS sources played via digital inputs. This button is inactive with analog inputs.

All above mentioned buttons/modes are inactive if you are using "Direct In" 6.1 analog inputs.

As Trailer mentioned before, you have to check for DD/DTS to PCM conversion in your DVD players menu. It should be turned off.

Hey!!

I have only gone and got it sorted :) Thanks to your input of course, changing sound on dvd to bitstream has solved the problem and nmow its all rosey!!

cheers
Again

Shard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom