AX750 component pass through?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by docb, Mar 4, 2005.

1. docb

docb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am about to set my new system up and was wondering if the Yama AX750 passes through the component feed from a DVD player.

If it doesnt will it introduce any significant PQ issues with the further 2 levels of signal changes, or are there any significant advantages to taking the DVD direct to a pasma.

Thanks

Doc

2. darkeeboy

darkeeboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    afaik it will, and also up convert from composite and svideo - thats why im really interested in getting said amp

3. phils_wicked

phils_wicked

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yes it does, and it will also convert composite and svideo to component. However, this conversion offeres no improvement in picture quality. You only get out what you put in! ;)

There should be no loss in PQ going through the amp, but as always, a direct connection to the display is regarded as being the better option (although if there is no loss in PQ, and the setup is tidyier then go for it)

HTH

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,152
    If you have a lot to connect then going through your amp is great for convenience. However, if you have enough spare inputs on your display then I would recommend you use those.

When setting my system I tried both methods and found a slightly better picture going direct-to-display. The downside is that it becomes a cabling nightmare and you'll need a lot of remotes beside you!

5. docb

docb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks for the advice, I dont have any problems with multiple inputs, just trying to think round how to get the on screen menu's "on screen".

Only inputs are Sky+ and DVD, Sky+ via VGA and dvd via component. But then no on screen menu's.
    Will I need them, or can you get by without?
    Is it worth conecting dvd via the amp for set and then changing?

Thanks for the help

Doc