• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

AX5AI Switching itself off

D

danb

Hello all

I have an AX5AIS amp and whenever i turn it up really loud it switches itself off. According to the amp its the protection circuit activating because the lowest actual impedance of the speakers (as opposed to the speakers rated impedance) is dangerously low.

The manual suggests i turn the digital safety feature on, or lower the 63Hz & 125hz equaliser levels. I have tried both with no luck.

I have 4 Kef Q1's and 2 Kef QCompacts and my previous AX5 never did this. Both amps were setup with MCACC.
Any ideas?

Nike

Try lowering the Bass Peak Level.
Mine was set at 0db (loudest) after MCACC set-up & I had to reduce to about -22db. I still get loads of bass, but the amp doesn't shut down now!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom