1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AX3 and sub setting via mcacc

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by philthyanimal, Mar 2, 2005.

1. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What volume should i have the sub on when running the mcacc. I currently have the volume knob just above 0 but was wondering if there is a recommended setting. If i turn it down to 0 i get no sub at all if i turn the sub up all the way the amp does it at -10db and it sounds crap.

2. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I'd put the sub volume at 12 o'clock & then run the MCACC. afterwards you can turn the sub volume up or down as you wish.
    Incidentally there is a separate sub output feature on the AX3 (its called the bass peak level, page 92 of the manual. I used this to calibrate the sub on my AX3) I didn't know about this feature when I first got it & I thought the sub was faulty at 1st but with a bit more digging into the manual I sorted it :thumbsup:

3. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,223
    Alternatively you ignore it and set the thing by SPL meter and tape measure. The settings my AX3 managed were almost comically inaccurate.