Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

AX3 and kht 1005

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by philthyanimal, Oct 13, 2003.

1. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to have narrowed my choice down(mainly due to budget and cosmetics), to the vsx ax3 and the kef kht 1005 speakers.
    Before i actually hand over the cash can any one give me any reasons as to why i should not buy these, or give me some alternatives with reasons.
    Thanks

2. Big Adam

Big Adam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Have you auditioned them? If not, there's point #1 for you.

Secondly, is your room/environment so small that you need the super compactness of the 1005 system. If you can afford a slightly bigger speaker, go with the 2005.2 system.

Only £150 more than the 1005 set (if you can get to Creative Audio or somewhere that will price match them) but the difference is well worth it.

Big A

3. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the living room is very small, its about 12 ft by 12 ft square.
    Also the speakers are costing me £315 (not a bad price i thought).
    can't really go much above that(have been offered the 2005 for £370, but their in black)