AX200 - Run it in High Altitude mode?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sampwalters, Jan 30, 2009.

1. sampwalters

sampwalters
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

I have a Panny AX200, which has "High Altitude" mode that, as I understand it, just turns up the fan. Considering lamp life is affected by cooling, if one can deal with the addded noise of running the fan on a higher setting would it help extend the lamp life to do so? If so, any guesses by how much? Is there any danger of burning out the fan? I don't live in a high altitude area...

Thx!

2. sampwalters

sampwalters
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only other thing I thought of was maybe this could pull more dust into the projector over time.

3. rs mexico

rs mexico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just tried it on my Hd80 after reading about lamp life on the avs hd80 site and too loud for me.Also came across a post asking about the service menue so he could see the true lamp hours used in eco mode .Does this mean hours shown on screen isn,t true?

4. sampwalters

sampwalters
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey RS,

I've never checked the lamp hours in the regular menu vs. those in the service menu... it's an interesting question. Anyway, there seem to be two ways to access the service menu--listed below--and perhaps two different service menus, tho I've only used the first accessing method:

1) With PJ already ON, do: POWER, RIGHT, UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN, ENTER

the other menu is accessed this way:

2) Bring up the PJ menu, put your cursor on the INPUT GUIDE option, and hold the 'OK' button on your remote for 5 seconds.

This is from Panny AX200 issues to date.... - AVS Forum