Quantcast

AX10I-S Replacement

hemp3

Novice Member
Hi,
Does anyone know when we are likely to see a replacement for the ax10i-s. I know this one has PLIIx but in the near future are we likely to see a completely new model? I am thinking of the ax10 as a replacement for my sr9200 but if there is a new model coming out in the near future I will wait. Has anyone got one of these s models and if so whats it like?

hemp3

Novice Member
Does anyone know of the cheapest place for the new model the best I have seen is £2300.

PC Nut

This one only came out at easter as an upgrade to the previous ax10 models. Speculation of a new Jap release with hdmi, but this was not the case.

hemp3

Novice Member
Are we likely to see a HDMI av amp in the near future i.e. takes one HDMI from DVD and sends picture to plasma and decodes the sound aswell?

PC Nut

Dream come true, wouldn't it. Not seen any hints yet but roooomer has it that it will be here at end of year.

SamirP

Originally posted by hemp3
Are we likely to see a HDMI av amp in the near future i.e. takes one HDMI from DVD and sends picture to plasma and decodes the sound aswell?
The new Onkyo TX-NR1000 has HDMI switching , it's due out in June 04

hemp3

Novice Member
Ive never heard an onkyo amp before whats its pedigree, are they simply selling an inferior amp with a killer feauture and charging way over the odds?

figlio

Standard Member
hemp3 said:
Does anyone know of the cheapest place for the new model the best I have seen is £2300.
Can you tell me from where you find that price?

hemp3

Novice Member
figlio said:
Can you tell me from where you find that price?
www.ivojo.com spke to them seem very knowledgeable the guy was from west country I think something about "me combin arvester". Joe at tmf will do for 2.5k but he is authorised elaer and from what I have gathered not only a top bloke but has close links with Pioneer. Give Joe a try first.

Wannabe-THX

hemp3 said:
Ive never heard an onkyo amp before whats its pedigree, are they simply selling an inferior amp with a killer feauture and charging way over the odds?
Onkyo is part of the Denon Group.

Fish