ax10i is only a little better than ax5i

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mikeoxsmall, Aug 23, 2005.

1. mikeoxsmall

mikeoxsmall
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have both the pioneer ax10i and the ax5i. now i would like to know why there is only a slight difference between the 2, and why the pioneer i-link sounds no different to the optical link, via a pioneer dv 868 avi

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    They proberly have allmost identical processing abilty just the 10 has bigger and better power amp to drive a hard speakers at high volume.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    There is possibly the issue of how much jitter affects the i-Link,as this has been found to be quite high in a few reviews of similar systems,and may be responsible for a change in sound character if that is the case.

Also,there is the ability of your speakers,the Pioneer's amps,and other components to resolve any small differences to be taken into account.

4. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Or, as is more likely the case, the law of diminishing returns means that the AX10 will be nowhere near a s good as the difference in price. Indeed, Pioneer are probably putting a much higher markup on the AX10, making the subjective differences even less impressive. Still, the AX5ai-s is a fine amp (better than the orginal AX5).

Russell