1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AX10 or A11SR for music

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Oasis-GasPanic, May 16, 2002.

1. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi everyonne,
    I'm looking to replace my Pioneer E07 soon with either the new AX10 or the Denon A11SR. What I would like some help on is which is better for stereo music. I do know the denon has a pure direct mode so does that make it better the the AX10 or not. Also do both of these amps have a bass managment system for DVD-A and SACD due to me usually redirecting the bass to my two front floorstanders.

Cheers!

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Hi

The AX10 has bass management for DVD-Audio & SACD the A11SR doesnt (the A1SR has it though). The music side of things is still unclear as the Denons Pure Direct mode is excellent but with the Pioneer you can apply the ACE circuit in stereo mode for better sound (or not, depending on taste).

A bit more here :

http://pub106.ezboard.com/faussiedvdandhtforumfrm24.showMessage?topicID=287.topic

As mentioned the Denons Pure Direct mode has always been highly praised.

The choice is yours!!

3. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers Jase, looks like the AX10 (due to the bass managment)

Thanks.

4. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not so fast.

Pioneer's have never really favoured music so I would be cautious if this is your preference. I have the 11SR and the must sounds awesome.

Regards

5. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Besides the Pioneers power consumption doesn't match it's power output, so there seems to be some mismatch between specifications and real world. I think THX is not enforcing their strict guidelines very well ...

6. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why are you considering the A11SR rather than the AVC-A1SR? Can you get the AX10 for the same price as the A11SR? .... if this is the case I would be inclined to go for the AX10.

If price is not an issue I would suggest that you should seriously consider the new Denon AVC-A1SR.

Pioneer receivers do not retain there value as they are inclined to be available at greatly discounted prices within months of being launched. Denon products are more likely to retain their value but you may not consider this to be relevant.

Best of luck with your decision.

7. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi infomatique,
    I can't get the AX10 for the same as the A11SR, I just thorght that paticular model would suite my needs more. One more thing, I know I've asked this question before but is everyone sure the AX10 is not going to drop in price. I say this because (a) Denon have now released the A1SR and (b) details about the AX10i are starting to emerge.

AX10i = AX10 + Firewire port.

Cheers

8. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am sure that it will drop in price ... as mentioned in my original posting Pioneer equipment in inclined to be sold at greatly discounted prices within months of product launch.

I had to decide between the AX10 and the A1SR and I now have the A1SR for about two weeks. The AX10 got a lot of really good reviews but after visiting many forums throughout the World (English Speaking) I got the feeling that the Denon was better.

I would not base any purchasing decision on the possibility of Pioneer introducing a newer model.