1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AX1 No Left Channel

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Malone, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Woe is me I bought an Yammy AX1 about a month ago. Initially I was unsure of the sound it just didn't seen "full" enough.Initially I thought maybe it was a setting but after switching off the effects it became apparent the left main speaker was much quieter.
    Now I've tried swapping speakers,swapping wires and even taken out wires from Speakers A and put them into speakers B, it stays the same. After a while of use, sometimes the channel comes back slowly but more often than not it stays at about 15% the level of the others.

So, my question is, can anybody think of anything I may have missed, I've looked through the manual and cannot find anything but before I take it back and have to wait for another one I was hoping there may be something i've overlooked.
    Heres hoping!!
    Matt......... : :( :( :( :(

[ 03-06-2001: Message edited by: Malone ]

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Send it back while you can. You might still be able to get it replaced for a new one. I learned my lesson a while back, the longer you leave it the less likely of a satisfactory resolution. In the space of 2 weeks I have owned 4 amps, my original Yammy, 2 dodgy Arcams and finally my current Denon.

Good Luck.

Jeff

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Only thing I could think of is the balance (L&R) control or the volume level setting for each individual channel, if that's not it I would assume it's faulty.

[ 04-06-2001: Message edited by: Reiner ]

4. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Matt – take you amp back to the supplier immediately. It sounds like a hardware fault to me. Demand a replacement unit, not a repair.
    Mark

5. Edgeyboy

Edgeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    I had an AX1 that did exactly the same thing. Apparently, a few others died on the FL also.

6. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Thanks for your suggestions rest assured it is now back at the supplier awaiting a new one, trouble is im on a 2 week hols and was gonna get some late night LOUD movies in what with no work an all AND ITS B***** GONE AND GOT A FAULT ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (with a possible week plus till I get a new one), ARGHHHHHHHH Again :mad: :mad: :rolleyes:
    There you go Cest la B***** vie.

Matt................

7. Neil69

Neil69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I bought an AX-1 back in November last year & it was faulty. The rear left hand surround channel kept cutting out & was really quiet & the only way it would come back on was when I blasted it with white noise. I complained to the shop where I bought it from. They kept telling me to swap wires & speakers around. By the time I had done all that my 2 week window when I could swap it had passed. So they tested it & sent it back to Yamaha to be repaired. It took 2 weeks for it to come back. Lucky that I had an old 3090 to fall back on. Now it works (almost) perfectly, apart from it not automatically detecting Dolby EX, it does it with DTS ES though.
    Cheers, Neil

8. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Well after all this I contacted Leicester Hi-Fi who were extremely helpful. I took it back to them on Monday this week and got a brand new replacement on Thursday, 3 days in my mind deserves high praise indeed!

Which leaves one b***** happy chappy!!!!

Cheers, Matt.......... :D :D :D