Awkward layout.....Buy all in one 2.1 or get AV reciever and speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Esc., Feb 6, 2009.

1. Esc.

Esc.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you can see from my room layout 5.1 is near impossible. Mainly because of wires.

I'm thinking of getting the Sony DAV-F200 and just settling at that.

After reading up on here though i've now thought about getting the ONKYO TXSR506 & TANNOY SFX5.1 from Superfi and not connecting the rears?

A bit torn as to what to do, can anyone advise?

Will be connecting PS3 and SKY HD.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Lee_JTD

Lee_JTD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Personally I'd run 4.1 (with no center). Im currently doing a corner setup and doing just that.

With the rears its going to be a compromise as to which seats get the 'correct' sound with delay times and levels, but thats will be the same with any setup to a certain degree.

Im running the Q-AV BMR rear speakers as shown in this package as they can be mounted up high and, to me at least give a far more natural surround effect comapred to regular speakers.

3. swiftpete

swiftpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    Can't you get some dipolar speakers and put them in there as rear surrounds? Even if you're not sitting in the right place they'll still sound alright surely?

4. Esc.

Esc.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The difficultly would be running wires to the rears, whatever type they are. Mainly because of wooden floor and doorways in the way.

I was considering a yamaha sound bar too but because of the height it would sit i dont think the sound would travel well with the position of the furniture.

5. William YZF-R1

William YZF-R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +536
    It may be an option you have already considered and rejected but coving may be one solution to getting the wires around the room.

Another solution would be to remove the wood around the edge of a doorframe run the wires round the frame then replace the wood.

I run my rear wires under a rug which butts up to the sofa. The wires then reappear behind the sofa where the speakers are.