awful signal

mizzkatie85

Standard Member
hi guys,
Was wondering if anyone could help me.
I live in a first floor flat and can pick up excellent signal with both freeview and analogue tv via a aerial connector in the wall.
In my bedroom it states thst i have an aerial thing in my wall in there which there is a hole for it but i cannot pick up freeview or analogue through it- it appears to be a different shape to the one in the front room (male or female, i cant remember which one is which)
I have an indoor aerial which always worked fine in my old house but that doesnt pick up signal in my new flat!

Please please can someone help me with this- i really want to be able to watch tv in my room!

dante01

Distinguished Member
hi guys,
Was wondering if anyone could help me.
I live in a first floor flat and can pick up excellent signal with both freeview and analogue tv via a aerial connector in the wall.
In my bedroom it states thst i have an aerial thing in my wall in there which there is a hole for it but i cannot pick up freeview or analogue through it- it appears to be a different shape to the one in the front room (male or female, i cant remember which one is which)
I have an indoor aerial which always worked fine in my old house but that doesnt pick up signal in my new flat!

Please please can someone help me with this- i really want to be able to watch tv in my room!

The aerial has probably been replaced at some stage and the outlet in the other room may not be connected to the new wiring? You could use the existing outlets, but revamped the wiring from the aerial to them. I'd suggest feeding the aerial coax to a powered distribution block and then feeding the two outlets via spurs from the distribution block.

mizzkatie85

Standard Member
thanks for the reply, im a bit blonde when it comes to technical stuff, would you be able to explain what i need to do a bit simpler please lol! thank you

davepuma

Distinguished Member
I would get the yellow pages out and get an aerial installer to take a look if you're not familiar with DIY.

dante01

Distinguished Member
snapzproxsnapz002.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom