AVs sold out but not Marantz, what is the catch?

SnowJim

Hi,

I have problems with my current setup and need a new AV but there is a big starvation on AVs both in stores and second-hand market.

My current setup looks like this :

Yamaha RX-A3030
Monitor Audio RX8 surround speakers (2 front, 1 center, 2 surround)
Velodyne spl-1200
Nvidia Shield Pro
LG OLED65C8

Even if there is a big starvation on AV I have notice that there quite many Marantz receivers, for example Marantz SR5015 and Marantz NR1711, what is the catch? Why is they not sold out like everything else? Is they known to be more expansive? Do they miss something important?

From what I understand they have fixed the HDMI 2.1 problem and all receivers that are sold now will be fully working.

dante01

Distinguished Member
It is basically the result of the premium price associated with the Marantz models. For example, the SR5015 is basically a Denon AVR=X2700 yet the Marantz sells for nearly £900 compared to the under £700 price being asked for the Denon.

The Matantz models are tuned differently though and most people regard them as the better sounding option, especially relative to musical sources.

You'd also need to take the form factor of the NR1711 into consiferation. THis is a slimline model whose onboard amplification is compromised due to its reduced size. It is ordinarilly an AVR people buy for a second room as opposed to their main home theatre setup. Its price is also rather high when you actually start comparing it to similarly priced AV receivers.

Last edited:

SnowJim

Okay, sounds like it might not be a bad choice then. Compared the SR5015 and the X2700 back and the Marantz got some extra ports for example : +1 Sub pre out, DC out, RS-232C, Flasher, Remote Control In\out, Coax Digital In Sat and DVD.

But yes, they seems to be built with about the same hardware.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom