• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

AVRX 4000 or what?

MartinH32

Prominent Member
I'm looking to replace my Onkyo TX-SR806 with something newer. The amp has been fine but I'm looking for something with two HDMI outputs and six inputs which the Denon has. I can get it for £629 which is right at the top of my budget. But is there an alternative which I don't know about? What would you recommend?

Cahardimge

Established Member
Depends what your other requirements are, but The Sony STR DN 1040 has 8 in and 2 out, is quite a bit less money and I'm very happy with mine, but then I have not compared it with many others.

Silver Serpent

Prominent Member
Yamaha RX-V1073

Can be got for less via Peter Tyson Ebay ;)

I'm looking to replace my Onkyo TX-SR806 with something newer. The amp has been fine but I'm looking for something with two HDMI outputs and six inputs which the Denon has. I can get it for £629 which is right at the top of my budget. But is there an alternative which I don't know about? What would you recommend?

Silver Serpent

Prominent Member
It's the same as the RX-A1020 (RRP £1000) without the Anti-Resonance Technology (fifth foot).

Basically, it's exactly the same unit for half the price ;)

Best feature-packed bargain out there at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom