Avril Lavigne

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by lisa burrell, Dec 19, 2006.

1. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do not know why i feel like this but Every time i say to someone i liked her first album people sneer pull funny faces and grunt and change the subject.

MMM

My Personal Favourite from Avril was and still is Anything But ordinary
    From her first CD My second Favourite Is Avril Singing Bob Dylan's Knocking On Heavens Door From the War Child CD. you may be wondering Why I Even Bother To mention it I know. But what Bought this to mind Was Going to Rolling Stone web page Through a link in The New Internet Explorer Seven.
    to that Magazine. I find Avril has a new offering and she is very excited about it I think The CD going to be Titled Best Dam Thing And The First Tune were hear from it Played down our radio's will be girlfriend i read.

Looking forward to it. I did not Mind her Second CD ether I must admit its not on the Play once every three months list in Burrell towers.

Look at the Time I done it again..

Night night

Lisa.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003522792

2. Scarylion

Scarylion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    She got married and it wasnt to me :( that makes me sad

3. Sonic67

Sonic67
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27,541
    I'm an Avril fan too but I can't seem to find many others.

4. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just think were it we are the entire fan club.. mmmm

5. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    I bought both her albums and much prefer Under my Skin, I bought Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson for my sins as Avril wrote most of that, and you can tell.

I tend to keep quiet about this as she is my one musical oddity, actually thats two.

6. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you think she might be quite different in real life than she is marketed by her record company. Do you think its all a big heist or part of a big money making machine.

7. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Another one here, not liking her new stuff though, no emotion/meaning/feeling to it.., guess she is going downhill from here on if she is going to release stuff like that..

8. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By goodness me another thread of mine been dug up from the relics. You lot be rummaging in my draws.... Again :D

I agree with the last post that girlfriend left me a bit miffed . Mind you we should really save our opinions till the album comes out. some of it maybe very good.

[email protected]~~

9. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    There is another new song on Napster by her called "alone", not very good at all..

10. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Well the new album is out today, just heard a sample clip of each song on the MSN Music store and there not sounding too good, the songs really don't have any meaning and most of them are just utter garbage.., there a joke really, she took too long releasing her third album aad well the marriage and all probably and the long time off writing are probably the reasons why the album/songs are sounding so poor...don;t think she can recover from this..., guess she is going downhill from here...

11. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive me for this a little diversion ..I fully understand what your saying above. Tell me honestly Do you think Joss stone gone down same road. why i ask is I saw the morning paper at work and on the charts page under album charts I could not find any trace of her what so ever. Did her new image take a nose dive.

[email protected]~~

12. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    HI, I do not listen to Joss stone, only heard of of her songs, the first single she made I think, and I just found it really annoying...

Usually though it's the same with all artists, they release there first album and a few years later when they release there next one it is utter garbage..., eg.. Jo Jo,

13. JayEm

JayEm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    For some reason I'm enjoying the CD a lot more now that I actually own it and it's the explicit version.:rolleyes:

Still not as good as Let Go or Under My Skin, in my opinion anyway.:thumbsup:

14. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Explicit version .:) ... dose that mean she goes kin.. hell a lot and and something rhymes with duck. I hate swearing never been bought up to to swear . Do you know when i watched that Hyde park thing last year I enjoyed Madonna till she had to say The Duck word What dose it prove That your street cred.? Ha who really cares. All it proves . Just you were dragged up through the gutters of humanity. instead of bought up. Maybe i could start a new trend of people that do not swear. the OD Gore blimey OK in its right place but the swearing just because ... I see Madonna after recognition with the hoods and plimsoll brigade in bizarre in the Sun or was it the Star... mmm Why? she dose not need the money............. surely..

Had my rant now

[email protected]~~

15. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    That word is so corny.., would rather they use the duck than that....

16. England2Canada

England2Canada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Avril has had her latest album knocked here in canada, I remember reading one review that said the album is good if you are 14yrs old :thumbsdow Ouch...honestly though she sort of wanted to go back to that teenage angst format but it seems to have back fired on her.

Her husband, not the best looking bloke from Sum 41 ( a canadian boy band ) that have now broke up. This could be it for Avril if she doesn't get her act together. You will be glad to know though that RUSH have an album coming out soon :clap:

17. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [to know though that RUSH have an album coming out soon :clap:[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Britain :) Forgive me i think your best export for me Is Diana Krall She also married someone not to pretty. He always reminds me of a Rabbi.. Whoops ...

[email protected]~~ in trouble now Sorry Elvis .. :blush:

18. England2Canada

England2Canada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Welcome to britain? Am a flippin londoner living in canada for the past 4yrs :hiya: I was jsut taking the **** with my comments above, there aren't many rush fans out there

19. NEIL J JONES

NEIL J JONES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was waiting in anticipation for this album but have been disappointed it sounds so manufactured like an Ashlee Simpson album. After the brilliance of under my skin I was expecting a lot more and if she is really going to be taken seriously she will need to do something a lot more mature then this.

You do start wondering how much of the songs Avril actually writes, a lot of the songs on under my skin were co written with Chantal kreviazuk hence why they have a more mature sound. I seriously doubt Avril has much input into the music and concentrates on lyrics leaving the music side to her co writer.

But there are 3 good songs, the brilliant innocence, keep holding on and when you're gone. The rest are just not up to standard I am afraid. Also annoyed that she kicked out, or was forced to kick out charlie and matt.

BTW Big rush fan here.