Question Avr600 to Samsung oneconnect

stevetomlin

Novice Member
I have an Arcam AVR600 that I've just had serviced and repaired at Arcam. Works beautifully with CD as before, but I can't now get TV audio through the receiver.
I had an optical cable from the Samsung Oneconnect to the optical AV input on the 600, and an HDMI from ARC on the oneconnect to HDMI out 1 before it went for repair and it worked, now, whatever cables I try, I get no audio. Any advice? Please remember I am not an expert in any sense, so simple ideas please!

Rambles

Distinguished Member
Probably the unit got factory reset during the repair. You need to go through the menus again and make sure everything is switched on for ARC to work. And also assign the audio to use optical for the input where you have the optical cable connected.

stevetomlin

Novice Member
Thanks, I thought it may have been reset. I can't get the menu on the TV though. I'm missing something obvious, but it's driving me crazy.

Rambles

Distinguished Member
I am just looking at a picture of the back of the AVR600 and none of the HDMI outputs are labelled as ARC, so maybe it doesn't have Audio Return Channel? In which case the optical cable will have to do the job.

To get the onscreen menu up, connect an HDMI cable from HDMI output 1 on the Arcam to any HDMI input on the TV. Make sure the TV is switched to that HDMI input, then on the Arcam remote press amp then menu,

stevetomlin

Novice Member
Thanks for that. There's no ARC on the AVR, but it was working before on HDMI OUT 1 to the oneconnect. I'll try the menus.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom