Question AVR550 Atmos over ARC (LG OLED55C7)

piercer

Established Member
Reaction score
So I have what looks on paper to be a good combination:

AVR550 + LG OLED55C7

The LG now supports Atmos and the Netflix app on it has Okja in Dolby Vision+Atmos.

When watching Netflix I have always used ARC from the C7 to the AVR550 and it has worked well so far. Unfortunately I cannot get Atmos sound working when watching Okja on the LG and listening using the AVR550.

Has anybody got this to work?

I dont think it will work. You will need the Arcam to support E-Arc to transmit Atmos back down the HDMI cable which I dont believe it does.

You are probably already aware of this but there was a firmware update on the LG OLED55C7 to allow Dolby Atmos to be passed through the sets HDMI ARC port. It came with update 03.60.09.

So, if it was the LG and not the AVR550 that was the problem, it shouldn't be any more.

You are probably already aware of this but there was a firmware update on the LG OLED55C7 to allow Dolby Atmos to be passed through the sets HDMI ARC port. It came with update 03.60.09.

So, if it was the LG and not the AVR550 that was the problem, it shouldn't be any more.

The issue is with the AV receiver. The receiver hasn't the ability to handle Dolby Digital + via its implementation of HDMI ARC. Both the TV and the receiver require this if wanting to stream Atmos matadata via HDMI ARC because DD+ is the only format being used by streaming services such as Netflix that can include Atmos metadata.

You need both a TV and an AV receiver that can handle Dolby Digital Plus via HDMI ARC. Not all TVs or AV receivers have this ability.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom