AVR500 overheating

Rich_ZT_CDTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Well after 2.5 years the AVR500 has started overheating. I believe it's still in warranty so my question is do I contact the dealer or Arcam direct?

Apart from the odd pop its been fine till now. Ideal time to fail on Christmas Eve!

First port of call should always be your dealer. UK sales laws say your contract is with the retailer.

Hope you get it sorted and have a great Christmas.

Eloise

Actually, at that age, I think you need to go direct to Arcam - assuming you registered the purchase, it has a 5 year warranty with Arcam, but all the dealer will do is direct you to the manufacturer. You might be able to get your dealer to help with shipping to and from the factory, but I'd approach Arcam customer support in the first instance.

UK/European sales law does indeed give you comeback against the retailer for up to 6 years, but you shouldn't need to use that if covered by a manufacturer's warranty.

Yes it was registered with Arcam from new so I will try direct first. Temps from the engineering menu are showing 220 - 300 so something is wrong for sure.

Well the unit is going back to Arcam via the dealer for modifications to prevent it overheating and improve the performance. Full credit to the dealer and Arcam for a quick response over the holidays.

What worries me is that this was one of the very last AVR500's and had all the modifications already done.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom