AVR500 Over heating

Mojo Man

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have had my AVR500 amp for 2 months now and im getting a bit miffed. In the last 2 weeks as its has started cutting out and displaying OVER TEMP on the front display after 40mins of TV / Playstation / Bluray.

It shuts down and can only be switched back on via the physical on/off button (or the plug)

Has anyone else had this issue?

By the way it was in a cabinet but now it’s out on top of a box in an open area with nothing else near it. (same issue)

I have had my AVR500 amp for 2 months now and im getting a bit miffed. In the last 2 weeks as its has started cutting out and displaying OVER TEMP on the front display after 40mins of TV / Playstation / Bluray.

It shuts down and can only be switched back on via the physical on/off button (or the plug)

By the way it was in a cabinet but now it’s out on top of a box in an open area with nothing else near it. (same issue)

What are the speakers? is the first thing.

And triple check the connections for the odd strand of wire touching the amp's body, is the second.

If its getting hot on the top right front of the amp then the new firmware is supposed to eliminate the over heating. Contact arcam tech support and tell them what software you are running:smashin:

It is the front right that is really hot.

Its running version 2.4.

Is there a way of updating the firmware myself or does it need to go back to the shop / Arcam?

u should be able to do it yourself give em a bell on monday and see what they say it is deffo a problem they are aware of
;)

Thanks for your help I will give them a bell and let you know how it goes.

I sent an email to the support address but no answer?

What are Arcam like for support as this is my first experience with them?

Anyone know a telephone number?

Hi,

If your dealer suggest to put ice cubes on the hot spot of your AVR500 as a solution instead of a replacement, please report it to Arcam as this would mean he is not really honest ;-)

Regards.

PenguinHiFi

P.S. : just kidding of course...

I've had my AVR500 for 6 months now, still in the same location, out in the open with nothing on top and running version 2.4 (updated in June) and have had no problems until the last couple of weeks it has started shutting down due to overheating. My flat is air conditioned and nothing has changed to cause this to start happening.
Mojo Man, were you able to resole the issue? Does anyone have any updates on this? Unfortunately Arcam doesn't respond to emails which is a real shame for a high-end company. I will call my dealer today.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom