AVR3808 - HTTPS:// login name and password known?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mfmvdkallen, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mfmvdkallen

mfmvdkallen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I recently purchased the AVR3808 and I can recommend this to all of you!

However, I do encounter a difficulty whenever I try to connect through HTTPS:// to the receiver... I can connect, however it keeps asking for a username and password which are not known by me. Also in the manuals there isn't anything written about this, so maybe you guys could help me out?

Does anyone use the web-interface as well? If so, please try to connect through HTTPS:// (port 443) and you will see what I mean for sure.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Mark van der Kallen
    the Netherlands

2. spooney

spooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    Is there an option to log in via HTTP:// and then change the user/password?
    To my experience with a whole bunch of different devices of all kind with a web interface there is either a clear statment in the manual or it is something like admin or administrator and a blank password.

3. mfmvdkallen

mfmvdkallen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Spooney,

Thanks for your email!

I already have tried all common logins, however without any luck :thumbsdow... There isn't any option within the HTTP to change the login and password.

I've send an email to Denon UK and Germany for this as in my believe; they should know for sure! I also have checked the AVR4308 forum in case anyone there encountered the same issue as I do, but unfortunately...

I'll keep you all posted.

Best Regards,
    Mark