AVR350 Fault / Dealer Experiences?

benng

Standard Member
Hi All, I'm v.new to this forum and Home Cinema but just wanted to see if people have experienced a similar fault on their Arcam?

I've got an AVR-350 which has developed a fault. When the volume is increased beyond 72 it puts a LOT of power through the right front speaker to the point where it would/is damaging the speaker. All other speakers increase volume as expected.

I have spoken to Arcam and they say that this is not a known fault and that it needs a repair (kit is just 12 months old so under warranty).

Also as this is my first experience of a fault, a lot of comments on the Forum imply that Home Cinema shops tend to be very useful and pride themselves on customer service and return business. This amp is the center of my lounge which has no TV, everything audio and visual goes through the amp.

Having spent over £4k at the shop just about 12 months ago and asking if they have any kind of amp that they could loan whilst my Arcam is repaired they point blankly refused and said they've got nothing they could loan me not even a 2 channel amp.

I explained that in the coming 12 months I'll be looking to upgrade my projector to 1080p and am interested in a Blu-Ray player (waiting to see what Arcam do) hence potential for another £3k+ of business but still they don't appear to want to offer any kind of Post-Sales service.

Have I just lucked out on the shop I bought it from or is this a typical dealer response?

(I've withheld the name of the dealer as I don't know the forum rules or if indeed this is standard practice).

Many thanks,
Ben

jarraman

You would be better off posting on the Arcam thread,scroll further down:)

This thread is for the poor people.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom