1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR32R DP & SVS PB12-Ultra/2 gives noise

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Error, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Error

Error

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have a very weird problem with my TAG in combination with the SVS sub.

Everytime I switch on the sub I get a sort of groundloop signal over my 5 speakers, disconnect de RCA from the sub or shut of the power, the noise is gone.

I said that it looks like a sort of groundloop but it is not, because when I disconnect the ground of all my equipment the noise is still there.
    Everthing is on the same circuit with ground.

And now comes the weird part, when I put my Meridian 568 back in the system instead of the TAG everthing is oke.

That was not the reason of buying a TAG, I like the sound much more then the sound a the Meridian, this unit sounds very well (without sub :mad: )

Has anyone any idea what is happening with my system ?

Regards,

Gerrit

2. Dr Udo Zucker

Dr Udo Zucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Gerrit, I assume the subwoofer is active and the amplifier is connected to AC using all three pins, i.e. also the safety earth connection.

I am not sure if I understand, however, what you mean, you have disconnected all ground from the other equipment.

The way to find out what is going on is this: disconnect everything from your AV32R (all in an outputs!) and then connect the subwoofer only. Is there hum produced from the sub, the moment you connect? Use an analog input, which if at all possible should be shorted (signal->ground for both inputs, i.e. left and right)

Now connect the next amplifier and its associated loudspeaker. What happens?

After that is done, connect source by source.

ANd don't forget, power down everything whilst connecting/disconnecting.

P.S.: It's most likely a ground loop = mains hum problem.

3. Error

Error

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I mean that all the equipment have no grounding from the outled, I did this to find out if there was a ground loop. When you have no ground, you can get no ground loop..............??

Point is, the sub is not generating the Hum, but the other speakers.
    When I connect the sub and 1 channel (centre) then I get the Hum over the centre, disconnecting the sub hum is gone.

Regards,

Gerrit

4. Error

Error

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found the problem. Both the TAG and SVS don't use ground.

I have put a analoog interlink between the TAG and DVD player.

Hum is gone !

Gerrit