1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avr300

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Jesse350, May 22, 2004.

1. Jesse350

Jesse350

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to know if I buy an AVR300 receiver before I decide on and buy a new display and universal player, could I hook it up to my present stereo components. I am having a difficult time on deciding exactly what I want. My emphasis will be on classical music with movies secondary. I do have an excellent stereo system now (including B&W 802 Nautilus speakers and ten year old Krell amp and preamp. Anyway, the question is, should I wait or not? Thanks for any advice.

Jesse

2. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The AVR300 has numerous inputs for stereo components except turntable phono, although you can attach an outboard phono reamp for that. You can also configure the AVR300 with just a single pair of stereo speakers via the setup menu. There's also a Stereo Direct mode that allows you to play analog stereo sources without any DSP processing to give you the best audio quality.

I can't really tell you whether or not you should get it. I have one a like it very much, but I use it almost entirely for movies in a 7.1 setup.

Dean

3. Jim_R

Jim_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dean, where in the USA do you live?

4. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Jim. I'm reluctant to provide much detail about my whereabouts, but if you tell me why you ask, I might be able to accomodate a reasonable answer.

Dean

5. Jim_R

Jim_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I live in Michigan, and was wondering where you purchased your AVR300.

6. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Music For Pleasure in Missouri. Are you trying to get one? I had mine preordered, so got one of the first units, but I believe they're still in short supply while Arcam is working to fill orders and ramp up production. But you might check with Audiophile Systems to see if there are dealers near you with availability. You can get a dealer list straight off their web site.

regards, and happy hunting...

Dean