1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR300 without Subwoofer

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pt96hni, Oct 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. pt96hni

pt96hni
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I have an Arcam AVR 300 and 5 speakers connected, but no subwoofer. I specified in the setup that I have no subwoofer. When i run the subwoofer test on the LFE channel i Digital Video Essentials i get no sound at all, should it not go to my front speakers which i specified as large speakers. In my previous Pioneer it worked like that so why not in an Arcam AVR 300 or do i have to by a Subwoofer now instead of later.

My Arcam AVR 300 is upgraded to version 2.90 and my dvd player is a Pioneer 668.

2. pt96hni

pt96hni
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I solved it, i am bi-amping my font speakers and I connected the treble to the main front connectors and the bass to the rear surr and selected bi-amp in the menu an no subwoofer (since I have none). The result was that the LFE channel was totally gone. I now switched the bass and treble and connected the bass to the fron L&R and now i got the LFE channel as expected i the front speakers. It seems that the AVR 300 only sends the LFE to the front L&R regardless of bi-amping or not :rolleyes: