1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR300 Subwoofer connection

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by vcarter, Sep 9, 2004.

1. vcarter

vcarter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you AVR300 owners help me with the proper location for the coax connection for a subwoofer? Does the receiver have a line-level "Subwoofer Out" jack?

My Axiom subwoofer doesn't seem to be working, and does not have test tones as do the other speakers, when the coax cable is connected to sub output connection (shown as #31, on page E7 of the AVR300 manual). The speaker power is on, and the menu on the AVR300 is set to recognize a sub.

Do I have to wire the sub with left and right speaker cables to the AVR300 (even though the speaker is mono)?

Many thanks.

2. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, you have it connected to the right output: Sub Preamp Out.

Are you getting Sub output on DVDs? Try one with lots of LFE (like Lord of the Rings).

Or are you just not getting a test tone for Sub. That's possible. You may need to update your AVR300 software to the latest version (2.90). Versions earlier than 2.84 didn't correctly emit a test tone for the subwoofer.

You can find out what version you have by pressing the DVD and SAT buttons on the front panel simultaneously.

Dean

3. vcarter

vcarter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, the software...of course! You're right. I was using the test tones from the receiver, and could not get a tone for testing the sub. I'll use my Avia and my sound meter this weekend, when time permits.

Many thanks, Dean.