1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR300 Sound Level

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by ds@public-works, Apr 16, 2005.

1. ds@public-works

ds@public-works

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great unit and very happy with it. Small quirk though - since I updated the software from 2.67(?) to 2.9, the volume 'dims' a few minutes after turning the unit on - no big deal as I just turn to the volume up to compensate. Happens regardless of input - DVD, CD, AVR, etc. Anyone else had similar problems and anyone know whether latest software update would fix ?

2. Crespotav

Crespotav
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It seems to me that your upgrade was from a very old version to a somewhat less old version. The latest is 3.16.
    Please read the excellent, detailed posts by Mr. Crustyloafer, in this forum. I will add nothing else to them

3. Jim_R

Jim_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed the same thing.

4. ds@public-works

ds@public-works

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jim - You running latest software ? Haven't seen any mention re any software fixes addressing this issue...

5. Jim_R

Jim_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although I do not know which version I am running, I do know that it is not the latest. I will check the version when I get home tonight. I really thought the sound level drop was my imagination, until it was pointed out by others (without any prompting from me).

6. ds@public-works

ds@public-works

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Updated to v3.16 / DSP 1.12 - still get same thing. 'Apparent' volume dips around 10-15db about 5 minutes after switching on. Crank it up and all ok, but anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this quirk? :D

7. Crespotav

Crespotav
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does this happen with both front speakers or just one?

It may be a malfunction caused by overheating of some component in the AVR300. But you should first measure it using a soundmeter and the Speaker level on the Setup menu.

If you are unable to do this, check and tighten all cables, interconnects and speakers at both ends.