AVR300 set up advice

smarty

I'm currently using my AVR300 for stereo replay and multi channel AV duties.
I have KEF iQ7 fronts with matching surrounds and centre plus a REL Q150 sub. The fronts are bi-amped using the front channels and the rear surround channels. The sub is connected at high and low level to provide the sub in stereo direct as well as in 5.1.

I'll (hopefully) be moving to a new house soon which has the TV connections in one corner of the lounge with in-ceiling speakers. The centre and fronts are placed in the corner further into the room than the tv (as you'd expect) and the surrounds either side of where the sofa would go against the rear wall.

Problem is how do I connect everything and maintain the highest sound quality? I'm thinking I'd still want to use the iQ7s for stereo only (placed either side of the central fireplace) and the in-ceiling speakers for 5.1 only.
I'm assuming that to do this I'd have to use the Front L, Front R, Centre and Surround channels for the 5.1 and then use Zone 2 for the stereo (CD & vinyl only) channels to the iQ7s. Doing this I lose the bi-amping of the front speakers which I'd prefer to keep.
Are there any other options?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom