1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR300 Question

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by joeyvaz, Sep 19, 2004.

1. joeyvaz

joeyvaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

I am a proud owner of an AVR300. I have it for a couple of weeks and absolutely love the sound quality. Really makes my Energy C-7s come to life. It's a great step up from the DenonAVR-1083 that I previously had pushing this setup.

I do have a question regarding the fact that I don't have any output from my sub with any of the sound modes. The only time my subwoofer comes to life is when I listen in stereo mode. I have the AVR300 configured with large+subwoofer on at all times. Yet there is still no output to the sub in any other mode than stereo. I know I must be missing something, so your help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I can get it to work by changing all the speakers to "small" My question is if I can get the subwoofer to play with all my other speakers set to "large".

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,241
    If you have all the speakers set to large then it will only send information to the subwoofer if it is receiving a signal from the DVD player with a 5.1 soundtrack, it will then send the .1 signal to the subwoofer. Make sure you have your DVD player set to output a 6 channel bitstream signal via the digital interconnect.

3. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You should also disable your Sub's crossover (or set it to max freq. if it can't be bypassed), and use the AVR300 Sub crossover setting instead. A good starting point is about 80Hz, but it also depends on your speakers freq. response. Salt and pepper to taste.

4. joeyvaz

joeyvaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the imput. I really appreciate it. I left the speakers set to small for now. I'm getting a new DVD player this week that has more adjustments on the audio side. Once I get it, I'll take the suggestions listed below and tweak from there.

Thanks,
    Joe