1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR300 Large or small speaker setting???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by tcousins1, Jul 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. tcousins1

tcousins1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone!

I need help- Somewhat new to the AVR300

I have Monitor Audio gold ref 20's(floorstanding) that sound a little boomy when speakers are set to large and are in corners of the room(no choice). They sound pretty good when I set them to small but I feel that I am missing something. Is there a way to get it somewhere in between or do I have to search for a different setup speaker-wise? I have a 20x20' room with 12' ceilings. Also does crossover work when speakers are set to small?
    Tom

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,265
    Have you treid using the foam bungs supplied with the GR20s in the rear ports? This will help reduce the bass output slightly whilst still retaining their ability to be run as large speakers.

3. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    You can adjust the Crossover frequecny on the AVR300. So you could set them to small then adjust the crossover down in frequency till you got a compromise between bass and boom. 40Hz the bottom frequency is quite low and probably arround where your floorstanders roll of anyway. I would think arround 60 - 70Hz would probably give you the best compromise.

Regards,
    Andrew