1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR300 keeps dropping digital feed from DVD's

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by galewis1, Sep 9, 2005.

1. galewis1

galewis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi guys.... Just wonder if anyone has any idea what's going on here. My DV89 is hooked up to my AVR300. I was watching to U-571 last night in DTS. The receiver kept dropping out of digitial and into analogue (PLII Music) resulting in a total loss of audio.

I remember this happening once or twice before since owning the receiver, but it was getting to the point last night where it really started to affect my enjoyment of the film.

Any ideas? Hope this is a set-up problem rather than an indication of a fault within either the DVD player or the receiver. Interestingly enough, I had exactly the same symptoms with my old set-up which consisted of a Toshiba SD-900E and an Onkyo TD-595S receiver.

Thanks

Gary

Gary

2. scarty16

scarty16

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    dodgy lead, connection not plugged in properly,

3. Designer

Designer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Or possibly your fridge or freezer kicking in or out that puts huge spikes on the mains. I've known such devices cause problems before.... Not usually a problem in Earthed systems though - and as I see you're in the UK..... That said I had a broken Earth in a mains socket once. Didn't notice the digital audio dropping out though.
    Mark

4. ginaandlee

ginaandlee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it happened with a totally different receiver and player it could be the disc itself. I've had discs with no visible scratches have playback problems that was only resolved by exchanging it for a new one.

5. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,477
    Have you checked what version of firmware is on the amp and DVD?